Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fernetiquette Gets Fan Mails: Fernet Makes the Yuletide Gay

Opened the old mailbox this morning, and what to my wondering eyes should appear? A letter! From a far away foreign place where the world is dark and cold and there is nothing to live for (aka "Wisconsin"). A letter about Fernet! Huzzah!
Dear Fernetiquette,
[Note- He didn't actually say "Dear Fernetiquette", but I'm pretending it did because these things seem better when they're formalized- Ed.]

You have inspired me. If I can't think of a gift for someone, I'm at least giving them Fernet. I ordered six bottles; I hope that's enough.
 Six bottles is only enough if you're stocking up for the evening 'round these parts. I can't speak for the 'Sconnies.

But wait! There's more!

I'm giving at least two of them to my hipster nephews in Brooklyn. I'll reference your blog on the card!
OH HELL YEAH WE'RE FAMOUS NOW! Seriously, my sincere thanks for the hat tip. I'm beyond gratified that this blog could facilitate the distribution of Italian amaro to as many as six (6) more people throughout the country! This, frankly, is more than I figured I'd ever accomplish with this thing. I'm kind of gobsmacked.

So to celebrate this momentous occasion and the birth of this here website (and um... Jesus, I guess) here are some pictures of Your Fernetiquette's Christmas tree, courtesy of Lady Fernetiquette.

 
Yep, she made it herself. I know, I know. I'm a lucky fella.

 May your trees be as Fernet-adorned as those two lucky scenester kids in the BK.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Could I buy one of those little ornaments off her? Pretty please!?

    ReplyDelete